If you take good care of your cast iron pans you will have them for generations. Here are some simple ways to make sure that your cast iron collection stays in good shape:
- Never use soap or steel wool on cast iron-it ruins the seasoning
- To clean your cast iron you just need to use hot water and a plastic scouring pad
- Always dry your pan thoroughly after washing-they can rust
- Store you pan without the lid on it to prevent moisture build up
- Don’t cook acidic food in cast iron-it’s a reactive metal
- Don’t store food in your cast iron-However Do use your cast iron to keep food warm while you are serving it.